The park was created from a lack of places to go wheeling. It started as a pastime for Kris and Randy Morris and quickly grew into Morris Mountain ORV Park. The park now has obstacles, trails, mud pits, canyons, and a primitive camping facility.
Our experience trying to find places to ride kept leading us to areas that forced you to pay for full weekends, camping facilities, or required reservations, making a spur of the moment one day wheeling trip impractical or unaffordable. As a result, MMORV has flexible hours and low fees to allow the average joe to take a half -day wheeling trip or a weekend long outing.
Morris Mountain is located 10 miles south of Interstate 20 on Highway 9, just East of Anniston, Alabama. (Halfway between Birmingham and Atlanta.)
From Birmingham turn South on Highway 431, exit # 191 Travel 9.2 miles, then turn right on Highway 9 (Hollis Crossroads). Travel 2.6 miles, turn left on Henry Davis Road to the park entrance.
From Atlanta turn South on Highway 9, exit # 199. Travel 12.8 miles, turn left on Henry Davis Road to the park entrance.
1. Drivers and passengers ride at their own risk. Do not attempt an obstacle if you do not think you or your rig is capable.
2. No alcoholic beverages or mind altering substances which may impair a personÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s judgment are allowed on trails.
3. Seatbelts are to be worn at all times by all occupants of the vehicle. No riding in the back of of vehicles such as pickups.
4. Passengers may ride in off road vehicles providing there are set up to accommodate passengers. Passengers will have to sign the same waivers as drivers. Both passengers and drivers must wear safety belts.
5. Only licensed drivers are allowed to operate an ORV in the park. License must be valid and presented upon request.
6. No person under the age of 18 may operate an ORV in the park. Passengers under the age of 18 must have a waiver consent signed by a parent or legal guardian.
7. Litter laws are strictly enforced. Please use the provided trash receptacles or take it with you.
8. No dangerous or controlled substances are allowed in the park such as firearms, fireworks, or explosives.
9. No hunting is permitted in the park.
10. Ride only on established trails unless there is a designated area explicitly stating otherwise. Do not venture into unmarked woods or off of the property. Please stay off the neighboring properties and the main roads.
11. Do not remove or destroy trees, plants, or animals. Tree savers must always be used when winching.
12. No open fires are permitted except in designated camping areas. Please completely extinguish camp fires before leaving your camp site.
13. Be courteous to other campers, keep noise to a reasonable level at night if others are trying to sleep.
14. ORVs must pass inspection and meet vehicle requirements.
15. No ATVs or motorcycles.
16. Be courteous to park employees and follow their instructions at all times.
17. No glass containers of any kind, no exceptions. Visitors will be inspected upon arrival.