How to Choose the Best Suspension for You Hot
When you are shopping for a shock absorber upgrade, you need to begin by determining your specific needs. Ask yourself questions like “Where will I ride? What performance and comfort levels am I looking for? What kind of terrain will I ride? What adjustment options do I need?” Answers to these simple questions will guide your sales representative toward the perfect set-up for you.
COMMON MISTAKES RIDERS MAKE WHEN BUYING SHOCK ABSORBERS:
1. Over- or underestimating their riding level
2. Looking for more or fewer adjustment options than they really need
3. Shopping for bargains when they expect high-level performance and comfort
4. Shopping according to advice given by others who have different riding abilities
5. Buying something they have tried on a friend’s vehicle that is built differently
6. Not taking the time to go over the recommended installation procedures
7. Looking only for something to impress other riders
8. Buying according to plans they have made, but that may never become reality
9. Riding on a different type of terrain than what they bought the set-up for
10. Buying used shock absorbers and trying to modify them to fit their vehicle
Will you use your new shock absorbers for racing or recreational use? This first answer will point you toward the right Elka Suspension series. Our racing shocks will provide maximum performance, but will give up a little on comfort. If you’re after a first-place finish, you won’t need the same set-up as a trail rider on an epic six-hour ride. This second rider will prefer a smoother ride to a five-second-per-lap advantage, because he is looking to have fun more than to experience raw performance.
Elka Suspension Inc. provided this information to ATVEscape.com. You can visit and purchase their products for your ATV, dirt bike, or side-by-side at www.elkasuspension.com.