Naches Ranger District
For current trail information, contact the Ranger District at (509) 653-1401
Self-issue permits are required for entering W. O. Douglas and Goat Rocks Wilderness areas and recommended when entering Norse Peak Wilderness.
Wilderness permits are free, easy to fill out, and obtainable at all Wilderness trailheads and the Wilderness kiosk at American Forks.
CAMPFIRES are prohibited In Shoe Lake Basin in Goat Rocks Wilderness AND within one quarter (1/4) mile of Dewey Lakes in W. O. Douglas Wilderness.
DOGS are required to be on a leash or under voice control at all times.
CAMPING is prohibited:
- in Shoe Lake Basin in Goat Rocks Wilderness, and
- within 100' from the shoreline of any lake, and
- within 100' of the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail
GROUP PARTY SIZE is limited to 12 heartbeats, people and stock combined (includes goats) in one party. Party separation is considered to be 1 mile or more.
MECHANIZED EQUIPMENT Vehicles, motorized equipment (including chainsaws), and bicycles are prohibited.
RESTORATION SITES are signed and closed for entry.
- Use only processed stock feed
- No grazing within 200 feet of any lake
- No hitching, tethering, or hobbling within 200 feet of any lak