Updated With Video-Arctic Cat Introduces The WILDCAT4 Hot
Today Arctic Cat is yet another manufacturer that jumps into the four seat sport UTV/SxS market with the Wildcat4, which will be avilable February 2013. We knew it was coming since we saw the "spy" video about 8 months ago, but now it is official. Below is the press release with the information we know at the moment. Here are the hilghlights:
- The Wildcat4 uses a 5-Link rear suspension for 13 inches of ground clearance, and 18 inches of travel. That is a lot of travel, which should make the ride nice despite the roughest terrain.
- The Wildcat4 is 29 inches longer than its brother the Wildcat
- It is powered by the Arctic Cat 951cc 1000 engine found in the ATVs, Prowlers, and Wildcat.
- New clutching system for better acceleration.
- Electronic Power Steering
- MSRP $19,599
All of this should translate into a great ride with a ton of POWER. The Arctic Cat Wildcat4 will compete in the same segment as the Polaris RZR 4 XP900 and the 2014 Can-Am Maverick 4. The four seat sport UTV wars are now on. STay tuned for more information once we have it.
Arctic Cat Press Release
Thief River Falls, Minn. (December 4, 2012) – The Wildcat 4 1000 answers the call for pure-sport ROV enthusiasts who want to carry 2 or more passengers. The Wildcat 4 is purpose built with many of the industry-leading key features found in the Wildcat 1000, but Arctic Cat engineers have gone beyond “industry-leading”.
A completely new drive and driven clutch was designed in partnership with the leading clutch authority, Team Industries. The new clutching system answers the call for improved acceleration while putting the massive torque and horsepower of the 1000 engine to the ground where it matters. In addition, a new sway bar has been designed to work harmoniously with the all-new PODIUM FOX SHOX, creating an unrivalled operator and passenger experience.
- Industry-leading 5-Link rear suspension, 13-inches of ground clearance, and 18-inches of rear suspension travel!
- Full Perimeter Exoskeleton frame was stretched 29-inches to accommodate four occupants with a best-in-class ride-in comfort and leg room
- Interior has a locking glove box and cup holders, four high-back bucket seats with 3-point seat belts and four tube-frame doors with integrated nets
- V-Twin, SOHC, liquid-cooled, 951cc, Electronic Fuel Injection built for massive torque and improved acceleration
- Automatic transmission has a park-in-gear shifter with Reverse, Neutral, High and Low gears while the 2wd/4wd/Diff Lock switch is easy to locate on the dashboard
- Variable Assist Electronic Power Steering (EPS) designed to maintain a light steering input effort with an infinitely adjustable tilt steering wheel
- LED Headlights and Taillights utilize 50% less wattage
- Available in three painted metallic color choices: Sunset Orange, Black and Arctic Green
- MSRP $19,599 US/ $21,999 CAN