Arctic Cat Is Back With A New Alterra 600 ATV “Cat” Hot
Arctic Cat Is Back With A New Alterra 600 ATV “Cat”
Arctic cat has been a little upside down for the last few years on the ATV and UTV side during the transition of Textron Off Road’s takeover. The 2021 ATV and UTV models saw carryovers of ATVs, Prowler Pro, and of course the Wildcat XX. Now, for 2022 we begin to see a new direction on the ATV side with an all new ATV, the Alterra 600. It is pretty obvious with a new engine, transmission, chassis, and plastics, that the Alterra 600 is the new ATV platform Arctic Cat will be building from moving forward. The boxy look is particularly good! Here are the highlights:
- New engine- 600cc single-cylinder overhead cam EFI engine producing 45 horsepower.
- New CVTech CVT systems paired with a more durable transmission including new clutching, more airflow to the CVT, and the CVT belt from the Prowler Pro.
- New chassis with a lower center of gravity, 9-inches of travel, new steering geometry, larger shocks, and up to 12.25-inches of ground clearance.
- EPS comes standard.
- Up to 27-inch tires.
- Cooling system is routed through the middle of the ATV keeping the heat away from the driver.
- Large 5.7 gallon gas tank making it the largest in its class.
- 2-inch receiver hitch is standard.
- Garmin TREAD Powersport Navigator GPS can be integrated into the ATV.
Four Alterra 600 Models
Base model in Arctic Cat Medium Green and Black with steel wheels and 25-inch tires.
Alterra 600 EPS XT with aluminum wheels and 25-inch tires with 11.5 inches of ground clearance and a premium bumper. Available in a new Phantom Grey color.
Alterra 600 EPS LTD with 14-inch Aluminum wheels and 27-inch tires with 12.25 inches of ground clearance, composite racks, premium bumper and winch. Available in a new Fossil color.
Alterra 600 EPS SE with 14-inch aluminum wheels and 27-inch tires with 12.25 inches of ground clearance, composite racks, premium bumper and winch. Available in Phantom Grey.
Start Of A New Chapter
It is exciting to see Arctic Cat back on the trail moving forward after loosing momentum the last few years. The new Alterra 600 EPS waives a big flag that Arctic Cat is off and rolling with innovation and a generation of products. It will be exciting to see what model year 2022 brings.
For more information checkout the Arctic Cat Website